Forum

Author Topic: How to merge tiled models  (Read 841 times)

ilia

• View Profile
How to merge tiled models
« on: December 21, 2022, 10:41:16 PM »
Hi all!

Because of the size of dataset I was reconstructing I've splitted the whole dataset (mesh, to be specific) on smaller subparts each of them was Tiled individually with their own cameras.

I would like to merge them back. So far it is not clear how I can potentially merge them in a single tiled model but for some reason I thought it can be done quite easy. But it seems like it is doable only if you keep working on the same Tiled model and select "merge" checkmark during new tiling process.

My goal is the merge 4 big Tiled models in a single bigger one somehow in Metashape without spending much time on running tiling again for this parts. Is it doable?

ilia

• View Profile
Re: How to merge tiled models
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2022, 08:44:30 PM »
It seems that there is no option to merge tiled models, which was separetely computed, but only "merge" option when you calculate a new Tiled part.

So if splitted assets are needed but also a big glued one than the way to go is to merge all of them into single tiled model and later split them during exporting phase as it was written here using shape with outer boundary as it was written here:
https://www.agisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=10332.0

Guess it is a closed topic to me.