Forum

Author Topic: simple question: N / C olympus  (Read 4380 times)

tesera

• View Profile
simple question: N / C olympus
« on: November 08, 2012, 11:06:46 AM »
I'm testing your program. I think it's great. I have olympus cameras and upload images to the program appears the symbol N / C, while if over an image with a canon this symbol does not appear. I must do to make this system automatic loading images, and do not appear uncalibrated.
and it only happens with professional camera olympus.
thanks

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: simple question: N / C olympus
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 11:13:14 AM »
Hello tesera,

NC sign appears next to camera label in case the information in EXIF data is not sufficient to estimate the focal length.
In this case you can input approximate initial values for fx, fy, cx, cy in the camera calibration dialog (Tools menu -> Camera calibration).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

tesera

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 02:11:09 PM »
Thank you very much for the information.
I'm new to these programs. How to calculate the parameters?
Your program agisoftlens, I can?t take the pictures. is very near to the computer screen. Pictures are bad.
thank you very much.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 06:03:41 PM »
Hello tesera,

The approximate values (that could be used as initial) for focal length can be calculated dividing Focal length in mm by pixel size in mm (pixel size can be calculated itself by dividing sensor size by pixel resolution).
For the principal point (cx, cy) initial values you can input photo center coordinates (in pixels).

As for the Agisoft lens, you can either use wider screen or print the chessboard on the plotter in the bigger dimensions (this option, for example, was mentioned in the following topic: http://www.agisoft.ru/forum/index.php?topic=618.0).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC