Forum

Author Topic: Issue with using AMD Radeon RX 6800 GPU in rendering  (Read 2007 times)

SebastianB

• View Profile
Issue with using AMD Radeon RX 6800 GPU in rendering
« on: December 29, 2022, 09:19:14 PM »
Hello everyone, I have a problem with the use of Agisoft Metashape with the components of my PC. Promptly with the AMD Radeon RX 6800 GPU.
When I'm processing I get the following error:

ckGetPlatformIDs failed:
CL_UNKNOWN_ERROR_CODE_-1001
Found 0 GPUs in 0.001 sec (CUDA: 0 sec, OpenCL: 0.001 sec)

On the other hand, when I see the GPU-Z the boxes that are checked are “DirectCompute, DirectML, Tecnologies, Vulkan, Ray Tracing, and OpenGL 4.6”, while the boxes that are not checked are “Computing, OpenCL, CUDA and PhysX”.

I would like to find a solution to use the GPU for processing. I will be very grateful if anyone has the solution and share it with me.

best regards

SebastianB

• View Profile
Issue with using AMD Radeon RX 6800 GPU in rendering
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2022, 09:19:58 PM »
Hello everyone, I have a problem with the use of Agisoft Metashape with the components of my PC. Promptly with the AMD Radeon RX 6800 GPU.
When I'm processing I get the following error:

ckGetPlatformIDs failed:
CL_UNKNOWN_ERROR_CODE_-1001
Found 0 GPUs in 0.001 sec (CUDA: 0 sec, OpenCL: 0.001 sec)

On the other hand, when I see the GPU-Z the boxes that are checked are “DirectCompute, DirectML, Tecnologies, Vulkan, Ray Tracing, and OpenGL 4.6”, while the boxes that are not checked are “Computing, OpenCL, CUDA and PhysX”.

I would like to find a solution to use the GPU for processing. I will be very grateful if anyone has the solution and share it with me.

best regards

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Issue with using AMD Radeon RX 6800 GPU in rendering
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2022, 11:25:00 AM »
Hello Sebastian,

Try to download and install latest compatible AMD driver for your system and check, if it helps after system reboot.

According to your description OpenCL computations are not available for some reason.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC