Forum

Author Topic: Automatic geotag.  (Read 2939 times)

Paulov

• View Profile
Automatic geotag.
« on: November 18, 2022, 06:35:04 PM »
I wish I could import GPX, then the images, and have option to merge GPX data into images without having to do so in an external program.

Also, ideally allow to input a shift for distance and orientation since the camera or cameras could be some distance away from the GPS and with different orientation.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Automatic geotag.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2022, 12:29:32 PM »
Hello Paulov,

If possible please send an example of the dataset to support@agisoft.com, so that we could consider the possibility of the proposed functionality.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

ryanenorth

• View Profile
Re: Automatic geotag.
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2022, 06:59:42 PM »
What operating system do you use, Windows or MacOS?

For Windows I use Geosetter

For MacOS I use HoudahGeo.

There are a few other similar programs available. All of these require you to have a log file of positions (NMEA 0183, GPX, TXT) and suggest that you take a picture of your phone screen with the camera you are using while the screen is displaying GPS time. In the software you select the picture(s) with the GPS time and then type in the time that is displayed.  The software will calculate the clock offset between your camera and the GPS time, and then interpolate a position for each picture.

I have been doing this approach for 10+ years for a range of applications so let me know if this isn’t clear and I will try to explain it differently.