Forum

Author Topic: What is the recommended workflow to diagnose (and repair) misaligned areas?  (Read 927 times)

archeomason

• View Profile
We are having some difficulty figuring out the best way to move forward with an architectural model we've been working with that we generated from drone photography. The lion's share of the sparse and dense clouds line up very well, but we have pockets here and that are misaligned. We cannot figure out how to diagnose what might be the problem and/or how to fix the problem. I've attached a screen cap that shows the issues we're trying to resolve.

Some areas (see attached - highlighted in orange) are oriented correctly but they are vertically offset from the surface they should be lining up with. Other areas (see attached - highlighted in blue) are lining up correctly with the model's surface, but they are rotated incorrectly.  We tried setting up tie points/markers to correct the issues, but it seems to throw the whole model out of whack.

Is there a tutorial somewhere that describes how someone goes about diagnosing the source of problems like these and/or how to go about fixing them? Can we fix them?

I'd be so grateful for any guidance/insights the community might be able to offer on this.

Thank you all very much in advance.

aaronfhd

• View Profile
To find out which images are doing this. select the point right click in 3d viewport and filter photos by points.

This will show only the photos that are creating these points.

Reset camera alignment on those cameras and try to realign them.

archeomason

• View Profile
Thank you very much for the suggestion!

We will give that a try. We're still new with some of the Metashape processing steps. This will be helpful to figure out.

Thank you!

aaronfhd

• View Profile
No Problem I do this daily for my Job as I work in the field.

Also available for contract if you need assistance