Forum

Author Topic: Red boundary box in Metashape v2.0 and sequential align question  (Read 1466 times)

Phogi

• View Profile
Dear Alexey,

I have just tried Metashape v2.0 which is great, but I noticed that in the dense point cloud step, there are two bounding boxes, one in grey line and another in red, what's that red bounding box for?

I also met another special case that the images with "source" alignment will see mismatches in sparse point cloud, which leads lots of holes, though in dense point cloud it fills them, but sequential alignment does not show this impact. I checked that the side overlap is not that sufficient. However, would this be something the "source" alignment should also be able to detected for the feature points?

Thank you!

rmowbs

• View Profile
Re: Red boundary box in Metashape v2.0 and sequential align question
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2023, 01:14:57 PM »
I'm also experiencing the issue with the red/pink point cloud bounding box in V2.0. This seems to appears after duplicating the point cloud. The point cloud bounding box is also then visible on the original point cloud until the project is closed and opened again. I can't find a way to remove or make invisible the bounding box.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 01:16:34 PM by rmowbs »

e.spiridonova

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2023, 06:18:08 PM »
Dear Phogi,
Starting Metashape 2.0 in the Model view there are 2 Regions visible around the point cloud. The red color indicates the Point cloud Bounding box. The green color indicates general bounding box for this chunk. Now in Metashape available to change the color for it (Tools > Preferences > Appearance tab).  You can also left-click on the Workspace pane (for example, click on the name of the chunk) and the red bounding box will not be visible in the Model view. If you double-click on point cloud, it will appear again.

About Source and Sequential preselections: such a difference in the alignment results shouldn't be observed. Please check that when using Source preselection you correctly specified the coordinate system for the chunk and for the cameras in the Reference Settings dialog window (click Settings button on the Reference pane). Also please check that the image coordinates data was imported correctly.
Best regards,
Elizaveta Spiridonova,
Agisoft LLC

e.spiridonova

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2023, 06:22:17 PM »
I'm also experiencing the issue with the red/pink point cloud bounding box in V2.0. This seems to appears after duplicating the point cloud. The point cloud bounding box is also then visible on the original point cloud until the project is closed and opened again. I can't find a way to remove or make invisible the bounding box.

Dear rmowbs,
We can offer the following solution: could you please left-click on the Workspace pane (for example, click on the name of the chunk) and then the red bounding box will not be visible in the Model view.
If you double-click on point cloud, the red bounding box will appear again.
Best regards,
Elizaveta Spiridonova,
Agisoft LLC