Forum

Author Topic: Invalid License file when upgrading to 2.0  (Read 1728 times)

John_H

• View Profile
Invalid License file when upgrading to 2.0
« on: January 25, 2023, 01:08:56 PM »
Hi,

I have just upgraded to 2.0, but when starting I get the 'no license found' message. When I try to activate manually, I find the existing license file (C:\Program Files\Agisoft\Metashape Pro\Agisoft_Lizenzserver.lic), but I get an error saying invalid license file.

We have 25 (academic) network licenses.

Any ideas?

John

Edit: Ok, I've just seen that there's an issue with floating licenses - it would have been nice to have known this before installing - something should be added to the download page. I have activated a trial license in the meantime.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 02:09:58 PM by John_H »

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Invalid License file when upgrading to 2.0
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2023, 04:14:48 PM »
Hello John,

Yes, RLM license server is not compatible with the new activation system introduced in Metashape Pro 2.0. We are planning to release new license server utility for Metashape Pro 2.0 in a couple of weeks.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

sawernke

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2023, 08:27:23 PM »
Checking in to see if the new license server is available for version 2.0? We have 18 seats and would like to update.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2023, 03:04:48 PM »
Hello John and sawernke,

I have posted the links to the new license server tool, compatible to Metashape Pro 2.0 in the following thread together with the activation instructions:
https://www.agisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=14904.msg66583#msg66583

Official release of the license server would be together with Metashape 2.0.1 (most likely tomorrow), but the license server can be already used with Metashape Pro 2.0.0 and it would work with the next versions to be released.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC