Forum

Author Topic: OBJ Splitting App?  (Read 5708 times)

mwillis

• View Profile
OBJ Splitting App?
« on: September 06, 2013, 05:28:04 PM »
Hola Amigos, does anyone know of an app that will automatically split an OBJ into equal parts (either by physical size or polygon amount)?  I know of ways to go this manually but could really use something that does it automatically.

Thanks,

Mark

siamon

• View Profile
Re: OBJ Splitting App?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 12:32:39 PM »
When acquiring complex sets of shapes, I often end up grabbing some parts in perfect focus while other parts are blurred by DOF (too close or too far from focal plane). However, I always make sure that every square inch of my project is perfectly sharp on at least a couple of photos.

Our exam dumps tutorials and 350-018 braindumps guide will give beginners  a core overview of Adobe photoshop.  Learn all about photoshop plugins using wikipedia free resources. for more details click here Youtube you can follow us on Facebook
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 08:45:18 AM by siamon »

mwillis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 03:55:22 PM »
Thanks Siamon but you misunderstood me.  I'm looking to chop large OBJ files into several pieces automatically.  I just thought someone may have made a program that does that.

hsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 05:02:42 PM »
Mark

I'm not sure about the automatic part, but I've used blender (open-source, free download at http://www.blender.org/download)  for similar projects.

I think the biggest technical challenge has to do with where, or if, your dividing plane(s) intersect the vertices of your original object. 

Here's a link that might be useful:

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.6/Manual/Modeling/Meshes/Editing/Subdividing/Knife_Subdivide

Best of luck

Harold

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 05:07:14 PM »
Hello Mark,

In the 1.0.0 pre-release you can enable "experimental formats" in the Advanced tab of PhotoScan Preferences window. This will add "Export tiles" option to the Export Model sub-menu, allowing to split the original model into tiles of fixed size (we recommend to reference model using scale-bars or other Ground Control data, since the size of tiles is set in meters).
It's experimental feature, but probably it will suit your needs.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

mwillis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2013, 03:39:32 PM »
Alexey, you just made my day!  Thank you!

Thanks for the link Harold.