Forum

Author Topic: CODED TARGETS  (Read 915 times)

Sune

• View Profile
CODED TARGETS
« on: February 28, 2023, 05:36:51 PM »
We are working on a fully automated workflow, from data aquisition/upload to server - to final DEM exported to customer. In this process we need to define specific coordinates for each of the 7 coded targets. We are unsure if Metashape is capable of

1) Identify the coded tagets
2) Identify, and asign specified LAT/LON coordinates for each coded target, and include this in further automated processing.

Can anyone elaborate on this?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2023, 02:22:46 AM by Sune »

Kiesel

• View Profile
Re: CODED TARGETS
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2023, 02:01:25 PM »
Hello Sune,

to 1) even it's uncommon to use coded targets for aerial photogrammetry (because of the needed size) it should be possible, if the coded targets are of the right size and have a good contrast on the photos. When I remember well, the inner circle of a coded target should have a diameter in the range of 20-200 pixel. So you need a resolution, with which you get these values.
to 2) yes coordinates can be imported for all targets at once.

Best regards,

Kiesel
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 12:45:58 PM by Kiesel »

Sune

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2023, 05:01:50 PM »
Hi Kiesel,

1) Great, that´s what i could read my way to. Testing still awaits.
2) I know they can be imported, manually. The question is: can we automate the process, so no manual work is needed, assigning the correct x,y,z to each GCP.

We need a fully automated workflow, from data upload, to finished DEM/ortho (with GCP´s) output.

Kiesel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2023, 10:34:41 AM »
2) I know they can be imported, manually. The question is: can we automate the process, so no manual work is needed, assigning the correct x,y,z to each GCP.

We need a fully automated workflow, from data upload, to finished DEM/ortho (with GCP´s) output.

Yes should be possible in principle with a script, but the detection of the coded (and uncoded) targets often needs manual interaction.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 01:02:26 PM by Kiesel »