Forum

Author Topic: Metashape Pro Crashing - Align Photos  (Read 3686 times)

lllJameslll

• View Profile
Metashape Pro Crashing - Align Photos
« on: March 01, 2023, 02:54:55 PM »
Hi,

We have recently purchased a new processing PC and it is currently crashing every time I try to align the photos. This data set is running fine on our old processing PC but I am unable to get it to run on this much more powerful system.

I am currently running the software in the trial version on the new machine until I can get it working.

Below is the new machines specs

Windows 11 Home (x64) v22H2
Core i9-13900K
4090 RTX
128GB DDR4
Z690 Aorus Elite MB
2TB Samsung 980 Pro (C: Programme Drive)
4TB FireCuda Gen4 (Drone Processing)
1200w Corsair HX1200 80PLUS Platinum Power Supply

It completes the matching points phase of the process and fails/blue screens during the Estimating Camera Locations section.

The machine was built and stress tested by a professional company. I have also updated all the drivers to the latest available manufacturer recommended ones. I have also ran the the built in RAM test within windows.

I have tried running the process multiple times after; disabeling the XMP profile for the RAM and running the sticks at stock speed, disabling antivirus, disabling the on board graphics card, creating main/gpu_enable_cuda tweak parameter and creating --opengl angle command line parameter as per your recommendations in the help portal. Yet I still cant get the software to complete the task.

The Windows Event viewer isnt picking up anything regarding Metashape although when I first tried the system it logged some Application Hang logs which I will attach with the Agisoft Log.

If anyone has any possible solutions to the above problem I will be grateful to hear them.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Metashape Pro Crashing - Align Photos
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2023, 03:49:24 PM »
Hello James,

Can you enable "write log to file" option in the General Preferences tab, restart Metashape and send the saved external log to support@agisoft.com after the crash occurs next time (or post it here, if there's no sensible information)?

And is it possible to take a photo of the BSOD with the error code on it?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

lllJameslll

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2023, 03:56:26 PM »
The Agisoft Log File is 2.7Mb so it wouldn't allow me to upload it here. I have already sent it to the support email at the same time I posted on the forum.

I tried to take a picture of the BSOD but I've only been present when it happened on the last occasion and it only stayed up up for a matter of seconds before the computer restarted so without sitting and watching the screen for approx. 1hr with my phone out ready I'm not going to be able to get a picture unless there is some way to retrieve it after the fact. 

lllJameslll

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2023, 07:21:22 PM »
I ran it yet again and this time it didn't Blue screen and it came up with an application error.

In the Event Viewer there were 2 error logs one Metashape and another MsMpEng.exe. I have included both in the attached .evtx as well as a screenshot of the error message and the log file created.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2023, 07:25:51 PM »
Hello James,

It looks more like RAM issues that may be caused by some physical module failure. You can try to run an overnight Memtest86+ checks in multi-threaded mode or try using one one RAM module at a time to see if the problem is reproducible only for certain module used.

You can also check, if RAM/CPU is overclocked or there's any underpower.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

lllJameslll

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2023, 02:52:40 PM »
Hi,

Just to report back in case others have a similar issue. It does look like it was a RAM problem with the new processing machine. The inbuilt RAM test within Windows 11 did not pick up the errors as this was one of the first things I checked.

Running Memtest86+ picked up the problem and we are currently waiting for replacement parts.

Thanks for the help Alexey

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2023, 10:22:55 PM »
Hello James,

Good to hear, that you were able to track down the issue and arrange the replacement of the faulty hardware.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC