Forum

Author Topic: Issues with Cleaning up Mesh Clouds  (Read 752 times)

David Matzliach

• View Profile
Issues with Cleaning up Mesh Clouds
« on: March 06, 2023, 12:46:58 AM »
I'm using Metashape Standard Version 1.8.4.14856

So, this is an issue I have been encountering since about mid-2022. Prior to around this time, when I wanted to clean up my mesh clouds I would use the Selection tool over the mesh I wanted to remove and it would all be gone once I hit delete. Now though the selection will delete all or most of the selected mesh but often leave behind little clumps of mesh that I'll need to zoom in and then rotate around multiple times to fully delete. This is in addition to very small bits of mesh that don't get wiped with a broad selection and sometimes these will require me to look at them in a very specific angle to delete.

I have attached two examples. The second image is the result of my using the selection tool over everything aside from the head effigy, from the front of the model.

Thank You
« Last Edit: March 06, 2023, 11:57:27 PM by David Matzliach »

Costas

• Aerial Mapping
    • View Profile
Re: Issues with Cleaning up Mesh Clouds
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2023, 03:57:13 PM »
Have you tried to use Gradual Selection?

Go to the to menus -> "Model -> Gradual Selection" and choose "Connected component size" move the slider until you select all the small components you want to delete.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Issues with Cleaning up Mesh Clouds
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2023, 04:20:17 PM »
Hello David,

I think you may have Visible Selection option enabled. Please try to disable it and then perform the same clean up procedure - you should be able to select any mesh faces, regardless of their orientation relatively to the viewpoint.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC