Forum

Author Topic: Rndering good quality depth maps  (Read 1708 times)

vkam

• View Profile
Rndering good quality depth maps
« on: March 07, 2023, 05:07:35 AM »
Hello,

I am rendering depth maps in script by calling: triangulateTieoints() followed by buildDepthMaps().  I am getting a lot if zeros in the depth maps - up to 60%.  In the actual scene depth varied from 2.5 to 5.5 meters.

However, when I call "render depth maps" from the GUI, these holes are filled, as I expect, since the mesh model cleans up these holes.  How do I get access to "post mesh model" depth renders in full resolution (as exrs)?  I can't use the rendered depth maps, since they are 8 bit scaled values.

Also, how can get access to these rendered full resolution depth maps from python scripts?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

vkam

vkam

• View Profile
Re: Rndering good quality depth maps
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2023, 04:25:20 AM »
Hello,

After a lot of reading on this forum and a bit of reading the python manual, I came up with the attached piece of code.  I would like to know if this is the right approach.  Also, the final depth render appears to put out two images munged together.  One appears to be the depth map.  The other is a binary mask (0s and 1s).  Not sure of what.  Would appreciate an explanation of what it is.

Also, since I am working on a fixed, pre-calibrated camera rig, I would like quality related parameters to be at the highest possible levels.  Would appreciate it if someone could provide guidance on that.  The python manual is not clear, other than to set downscale=1.  The GUI has a quality menu item. Not clear how that translated to script.

vkam
« Last Edit: March 08, 2023, 05:18:36 AM by vkam »