Forum

Author Topic: Sketchfab upload from version 2 not working  (Read 2804 times)

Landy

• View Profile
Sketchfab upload from version 2 not working
« on: March 10, 2023, 07:43:23 AM »
Had anyone had any problems with uploading models to Sketchfab from version 2?  I tried this with version 2.01 for the first time today and the site responds with a processing error (error 13 - which means it can't read the uploaded file).  After several attempts, I tried to update the uploaded model by manually uploading an obj file to replace the original - but this gives the same error message.  I have tried uploading previous successful models, also with the same error message in response.  However, I just tried to manually upload an exported file directly (i.e. a fresh upload rather than replacing failed upload), and it worked fine.  Has Metashape changed the format of directly uploaded files?  It seems that is the case, and that Sketchfab does not recognise the format.
Any suggestions?
cheers,
Bill
« Last Edit: March 11, 2023, 07:45:39 AM by Landy »

Hamish

• View Profile
Re: Sketchfab upload from version 2 not working
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2023, 04:17:43 PM »
I have the same problem uploading from Metashape standard (2.0.1.15925) to Sketchfab.

On the occasions in the past where I export a file from Metashape for manual upload to sketchfab, I use the FBX file format, but this currently throws the same error, although the files open fine in Meshlab (2022.02)

PLY file exported from Metashape and manually uploaded to Sketchfab works fine.

I've just tried uploading a FBX file exported from Metashape almost a year ago (version 1.8.2), Sketchfab did not have any problems with this file.

Hamish

Metashape Std v2.0.1.15925 -- i7-13700K, 64GB Ram, Nvidia RTX 2060 (driver 531.18), Win 11.

Landy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2023, 03:43:06 AM »
Thanks Hamish - glad to know it is not just me.  Hopefully this problem is recognised and will be fixed in an upcoming update.
cheers
Bill
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 04:13:31 AM by Landy »

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2023, 05:49:41 PM »
Hello Bill and Hamish,

Thank you for reporting the issue. We'll try to publish a hotfix update for 2.0.1 in the next couple of days with FBX export problem being resolved.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Landy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2023, 06:32:49 AM »
Thank you Alexey!

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2023, 02:14:46 PM »
Hello,

We have published a hot-fix update for 2.0.1 (new build number 15986) that should resolve the problem related to FBX export and Sketchfab upload. Fixed version is available under the same links:
https://www.agisoft.com/downloads/installer/
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

bassistas

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2023, 12:30:59 AM »
I am using the 2.0.1.15925 version and when I'm trying to load some laser scans which are with a high density point cloud (1/2 resolution from a Faro focus scanner) I get a "not enough memory" error. I have 128GB ram and free disk space but still does the same every time i try to load the scans. I also tried  from another pc with similar specs and I still get the same exact error. Is this a bug?

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2023, 11:59:23 AM »
Hello bassistas,

Do you mean loading to laser scans to Metashape or uploading them to Sketchfab?

Can you share the log related to the operation, including Metashape starting lines?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

bassistas

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2023, 05:46:29 PM »
Hello bassistas,

Do you mean loading to laser scans to Metashape or uploading them to Sketchfab?

Can you share the log related to the operation, including Metashape starting lines?

I mean loading laser scans to Metashape, but I finally resolved the issue. I checked the log and I had to save the project in psx format first for large laser scans.