Forum

Author Topic: Orthomosaic has distorted areas  (Read 1214 times)

MP7

• View Profile
Orthomosaic has distorted areas
« on: March 16, 2023, 03:52:46 PM »
Hello all,

The created orthomosaic has areas that are distorted / with artefacts (see attachment SS1).
Is this because it needed more imported photos? I mean they were taken automatically with M3E mission and looking at the photos everything is overlapping and there are enough photos I think.
Anyone else had experiences like this or could it be I'm screwing something with some settings in my worlflow?
Thank you.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Orthomosaic has distorted areas
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2023, 04:16:54 PM »
Hello MP7,

What settings have you used for the orthomosaic generation? Can you also provide the screenshot for the same area related to the source surface used for orthomosaic generation: either DEM or mesh (in solid view mode)?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

MP7

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2023, 04:32:48 PM »
Thank you Alexey, will post everything later.

MP7

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2023, 09:17:02 PM »
There you go, attached all my settings trought the worlflow and the DEM.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2023, 01:01:18 PM »
Hello MP7,

The surface wasn't generated correctly, so the images projected onto it is also distorted.

Version 2.0 allows to use DEM editing tools to fix similar problems with plane fill:
https://agisoft.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000164388-dem-editing-tools
I think it might be an easiest and fastest way to deal with the problem, if there are only a few buildings with reconstruction problems.

Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

MP7

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2023, 02:24:23 PM »
I see, will try to play with that option then, but I never had to do this earlier, yesterday I tried with 3DSurvey and didn't have these problems.
Plus it's always nice not having to waste too much time with corrections like these, never the less I will try that, thank you Alexey!

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2023, 03:12:30 PM »
Hello MP7,

You can try building mesh from the depth maps (Arbitrary mode) and then DEM from mesh (skipping dense cloud generation step), but without seeing the data I can't say, if the result will be much better.

If you can share the part of original dataset related to the problematic area, please send the download link to support@agisoft.com, so that we could perform test using different approaches and see, if the problem can be fixed in general case.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 03:21:18 PM by Alexey Pasumansky »
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Corensia

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2023, 07:43:31 AM »
Hey MP7,

Not sure if you found a solution yet but I would try processing again with General Preselection turned off during alignment.
The repetitive roof patterns might be causing the problems with General Preselection turned on.

Hope that helps!