Forum

Author Topic: Placing Markers via Basemap  (Read 667 times)

willcodeforfoo

• View Profile
Placing Markers via Basemap
« on: March 20, 2023, 08:18:20 PM »
Is it possible to somehow use the basemap to create markers interactively? I have the center coordinates of photos which gets us close, but I'd like to refine the results by placing markers via a Bing or Google satellite in the basemap. I know they wouldn't be survey-grade, but we have some old photos where if we could just line up a couple roads on the basemap I think we could get better results.

Thanks!

olihar

• View Profile
Re: Placing Markers via Basemap
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2023, 01:28:43 PM »
You can copy paste coordinates from what ever source you have and place it on the photos. It will be very inaccurate but you will get roughly the correct place.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Placing Markers via Basemap
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2023, 02:06:10 PM »
Hello willcodeforfoo,

If the chunk is already georeferenced, you can right-click on the base map in the Ortho view and choose Add Marker option - new marker instance will be created with the 3D coordinates assigned. Then you need to adjust that marker's projections manually on the source images.

To use the coordinates of such markers for the model georeferencing, check on them in the Reference pane and press Update button on the pane's toolbar.
Note that DEM and Orthomosaic need to be rebuilt, if they have been generated before updating the reference information.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC