Forum

Author Topic: Filtering tiepoints after dense cloud?  (Read 765 times)

Jake

• View Profile
Filtering tiepoints after dense cloud?
« on: March 24, 2023, 12:34:48 AM »
Hi,

I am beginning to think I should have done a better job filtering the tiepoints before building the dense cloud.  Is it possible to filter the tiepoints and "update" the dense cloud as opposed to rebuilding.  If it was just one I would just rebuild the dense cloud, but I have quite a few to go back over.

Thanks

dpitman

• View Profile
Re: Filtering tiepoints after dense cloud?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2023, 01:16:58 AM »
Hi Jake,

There is no mechanism to modify the creation parameters of a dense cloud that I am aware of.  If you modify any of the factors that went into its generation, you would need to re-process it I think.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2023, 03:00:04 PM »
Hello Jake,

Tie points are used to identify the pairs of overlapping images which would be used for depth maps generation. Also based on the edited tie point cloud you can perform the optimization of the license alignment.

In any case, removing some points from the Tie Point cloud would not have any effect on the already generated Dense Point Cloud, so if you want to have the tie point cloud edits be somehow considered, they should be applied before the optimization of the camera alignment and building the depth maps.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Jake

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2023, 07:52:17 PM »
Thanks for confirming