Forum

Author Topic: HELP! suddenly camera errors, has something changed in settings?  (Read 1079 times)

Mr.Vain

• View Profile
Hi forum!

This is really strange, i seem to have a big issue with camera errors. I dont really know what all numbers means but if i compare them to earlier projects from late 2022 its a big difference. Today i saw that i had quit big differences in height when comparing to earlier flights, 25cm as the biggest. I am using a DJI Matrice 300RTK with a P1 camera so i get really good pictures and the gcp:s are measured with trimble R12i gps with really good accuracy and still i get a really poor result. When looking at older flights with the same drone i have perfect result and the estimated error in the reference cameras is as highest 10cm for only 1 pic and then its from 3cm down to millimeters for the rest. Looking at my latest flights its now from 2m error for the worst pics and 70cm for the best! After the alignment of the pictures i import the GCP:s and the are not spot on my ground markings, the are 5-10cm of and they used to be spot in since the RTK on the drone always is good. What am i missing here? I really hope someone can help med because this is a BIG problem for me right now. I will attach 2 screendumps also, one with a project wich is good from december 2022 and one from a flight a couple of days ago so you can see the difference.

Have a good day! :)

Paulo

• View Profile
Re: HELP! suddenly camera errors, has something changed in settings?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2023, 07:24:41 PM »
Hi Mr. Vain,

what is strange on your bad project is that camera accuracy is all set to default which is 10m. If the data was correctly RTK corrected then accuracy should be at cm level and this accuracy should be read from XMP meta `data (as long as you have set this option in preferences > Advanced tab). By having such loose accuracy, your camera positions are not so constrained and the 1 m error shows some inconsistency between camera positions and GCPs.... Maybe you can show the reference errorrs window (View errors button) to see how this error is distributed between X,Y and Z ....

For your good project what was the final f adjusted value (from camear calibrarion window)? and what was the f adjusted value for bad project?
Best Regards,
Paul Pelletier,
Surveyor

Mr.Vain

• View Profile
Re: HELP! suddenly camera errors, has something changed in settings?
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2023, 08:18:10 PM »
Hi Mr. Vain,

what is strange on your bad project is that camera accuracy is all set to default which is 10m. If the data was correctly RTK corrected then accuracy should be at cm level and this accuracy should be read from XMP meta `data (as long as you have set this option in preferences > Advanced tab). By having such loose accuracy, your camera positions are not so constrained and the 1 m error shows some inconsistency between camera positions and GCPs.... Maybe you can show the reference errorrs window (View errors button) to see how this error is distributed between X,Y and Z ....

For your good project what was the final f adjusted value (from camear calibrarion window)? and what was the f adjusted value for bad project?

Thank you so much!!!!! I replaced the computer 1.5 months ago and reinstalled metashape and after that i have not made that setting. I have totally missed that one, dont ask me how.....I checked other project computed with the same settings and they are ok but not perfect. As long as i have used GCP:s around the area of intrerest the result have been ok there but with the project now i was looking a bit from the gcp.s and the result was no good at all wich the usually are. Again, thank you so much :).