Forum

Author Topic: 3D model  (Read 5716 times)

francocl

• View Profile
3D model
« on: May 10, 2023, 05:50:11 PM »
Hi all,

I've been having problems to load an .OBJ with textures to Agisoft Cloud. The file was created in DJI Terra from L1 LiDAR. The file size is around 900 MB, and I can upload the .obj file without any problems, but when I tried to upload the .mtl file with textures I get the "Unexpected error" message (image attached). I've tried to convert the .obj file to a tiled mesh with Cesium online plattform but when I load the .zip I get the following error: "Dataset doesn't contain tileset.json in root folder or *.b3dm files", but the same file is displaying correctly in Cesium plattform.

Is there a way to solve this ?

Thanks and kind regards,
Franco

Ilya Shevelev

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
    • Agisoft Cloud
Re: 3D model
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2023, 04:18:17 AM »
Hello!

Thank you for reporting the issue!

First, Agisoft Cloud supports only tiled models but not regular mesh models with or without textures, that's why you face an error when uploading .obj file.

Second, as I can see from the screenshot you are attempting to load the model converted to .cesium3DTiles format, but as a point cloud.  Please set the type of a file you are going to upload as Tiled Model, and then select the .zip file.

Best regards,
Ilya Shevelev
Agisoft LLC

francocl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2023, 07:19:11 PM »
Hi Ilya,

Thank you for your response. I've managed to convert the .obj file to .ply in CloudCompare and now I was able to upload the mesh with textures (Image attached).
In regard to your second statement, I wasn't trying to load the cesium model as a point cloud, I was using the tiled model option and I get the error: "Dataset doesn't contain tileset.json in root folder or *.b3dm files".
To clarify the workflow that I'm using. I've converted the .obj in Cesium online, then I've downloaded the .zip file from Cesium online and tried to load it to Agisoft Cloud, in Tiles Model option, but i get the error:  "Dataset doesn't contain tileset.json in root folder or *.b3dm files". Is there a way to solve this ? to use 3d tiles from Cesium in agisoft cloud ?

Thank you and kind regards,
Franco

Ilya Shevelev

• View Profile
    • Agisoft Cloud
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2023, 08:50:58 PM »
Hello!

Thank you for additional details!

Cesium3DTiles is a universal format that can contains both point cloud and tiled models.

Point cloud tiles in a Cesium3DTiles archive are presented as a set of .pnts files. If you uploading point cloud represented as Cesium3DTiles archive to Agisoft Cloud, you have to set the upload type as Point Cloud.

In this case on validation stage system will look for tileset.json file and .pnts files in archive. If there are no tileset.json and / or .pnts files are not in archive, system will throw an error.

Model tiles in a Cesium3DTiles archive are presented as a set of .b3dm files. If you uploading model represented as Cesium3DTiles archive to Agisoft Cloud, you have to set the upload type as Tiled Model.

In this case on validation stage system will look for tileset.json file and .b3dm files in archive. If there are no tileset.json and / or .b3dm files are not in archive, system will throw an error.

Summing up - when you upload a point cloud, represented as .Cesium3DTiles archive, set the upload type as Point Cloud, when you upload a model / tiled model, represented as .Cesium3DTiles archive set the upload type as Tiled Model.
Best regards,
Ilya Shevelev
Agisoft LLC

francocl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2023, 10:15:18 PM »
Hi Ilya,

Thank you once again for your detailed response. I've tried the model tiles in cesium, with the structure showed in attached image, but I still get the error mentioned before. Is there something missing in the files ?

Franco

Ilya Shevelev

• View Profile
    • Agisoft Cloud
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2023, 01:18:41 PM »
Hello,

In the screenshot everything looks correct, if you upload such a file and set the upload type to Tiled Model, the error should not occur.

Any chance you can share this archive with us using some cloud drive so we can reproduce the issue? If you can, please send the link to download the file to support@agisoft.com.
Best regards,
Ilya Shevelev
Agisoft LLC

francocl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2023, 04:28:46 PM »
Hello, I've send the info to support@agisoft.com.

Franco