Forum

Author Topic: Markers automatic coordinates & errors do not change after adjusting projections  (Read 2834 times)

edeng

• View Profile
Hello,

First of all, I really appreciate all your help. I have tried to search the answer using this forum but couldn't find it.

I have an oriented, ground-located model. I use to place a lot of new markers on my model in order to get their estimated coordinates, based on the GCP's and model's calculations.
For example, I have an aerial model of some buildings, geo-located using high-accuracy GCPs on the ground. I want to know the coordinates of the corners of the windows, therefore I place markers on the photos and copy the estimated value.
My question is - when I mark the first photo, the marker is created with an automatic "source coordinate". When I refine the projections on other photos (moving blue flags or removing them), or even changing completely the location of the marker on the photos - the first source coordinate do not change, but only the estimated value.

I understand that I can only use the estimated value as a reliable coordinate of my marker, but I would like to know the signification of the error at the reference view in that case (I understand it in other cases, like using control points). It seems to be based on the difference between the original source value and the estimated value, therefore it seems not reliable.
Is there any way to get real error estimation for my new markers?

Thank you very much!
Eden

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Hello Eden,

Error values in the Reference pane indicate the difference between the source and estimated values. So if the source values are not correct after you modify the model referencing, then the error values will be also meaningless, therefore you can just clear the Source values for such markers in order to avoid any confusion.

To get valid error values, you need to input the source coordinates for the markers, which correspond to the selected coordinate system and are measured in real scene.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

edeng

• View Profile
Thank you Alexey!

Peyman Javadi

• View Profile
Dears

I have almost the same question, are these Estimated coordinates same as Adjusted coordinates by the software?
And if all observations and measurements are correct from fieldwork, are these Estimated coordinates reliable for measurement and use in other projects?