Forum

Author Topic: querying and extracting coordinates from a model  (Read 3545 times)

smicklethwaite

• View Profile
querying and extracting coordinates from a model
« on: September 18, 2013, 05:19:55 AM »
Hi

Following a brief discussion under the General Posts, I'd like to make a suggestion for future developments. It would be useful to be able to generate a georeferenced textured model using GCPs, then be able to query the model for coordinates of selected points. This is because I generate models of large surface areas with spaced GCPs but then need to georeference high resolution models off subsections of the large model, from areas that are innaccessible. I know I can do this by exporting the large model to GIS packages but a simple querying functionality would make the process quicker.

Having said that, is it possible to georeference a model, then insert a new marker and use PS to estimate the coordinates of that marker?

Cheers,

JMR

• View Profile
Re: querying and extracting coordinates from a model
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 10:40:37 AM »
Hi simcklethwaite
That has always been posible. Just put markers in the model on desired locations once it has been georeferenced and see their estimated coordinates by clicking "view estimated" (second button from right in GC pane toolbar). You can also export their coordinates if you check "save estimated values".
Regards
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 03:51:31 PM by JMR »

smicklethwaite

• View Profile
Re: querying and extracting coordinates from a model
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 04:38:27 AM »
Sorry for the late reply.

Thanks for the helpful response.