Forum

Author Topic: Triggering suggestions...  (Read 6244 times)

Meesha3d

• View Profile
Triggering suggestions...
« on: September 20, 2013, 11:01:40 PM »
It's so great to finally be a part of this forum and owner of Agisoft Pro Lic- It's been a long time coming…

I am building a head capturing system for a gig I received... It's for a Speaker Company - Apparently, they are coming out with new headphones.

Anyway,
Here's where I am at with my setup.

24 Canon EOS 1100D's with Continuous Power
8 Stands with 3 cameras per stand
I've got USB Hubs, USB extensions… and plan to go with a lot of soft box lighting..
I intend on purchasing Breeze System for each camera… (i'll be peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for a long time...)

Now, I'm stumped on what type of remote trigger to purchase…
I don't care about wireless… it would be nice but not necessary.
Also what type of cables should I purchase (length and make?) and where can I purchase the hub they go into?

Also I purchased 10 foot USB extensions… Are they to long? will they cause a lag because of it?

M-

fabberlounge

• View Profile
Re: Triggering suggestions...
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 11:43:47 PM »
Hi,

I recommend Smartshooter, its a lot cheaper and works fine for change settings on a multicamera rig and downloading images.. unlimited cameras with a single licence, so a lot cheaper than Breezesys.

You should use a your 2.5mm connector to synchronize the cameras, there are several devices available so called triggerboxes.. shooting via USB is not recommended ! ( esp. for moving objects..)

I always had troubles with long USB cables, esp. if you connect them to a USB hub.. also you should think of using a network of 2 computers with 24DSLRs... 12 each, might be more reliable, depending on your hardware(USB controller...)

hope that helps, I am using a 50DSLR ( Canon 600D and 1100D mixture), which works fine, but some of the settings I had to learn after a quite painful ( and cost excessive) trial and error phase.

good luck, fabberlounge from Vienna
Yes, we scan !

Meesha3d

• View Profile
Re: Triggering suggestions...
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 08:34:46 AM »
Thank you for the suggestions... Very helpful!
I'll definitely take another look at Smartshooter...