Forum

Author Topic: Exporting for presentation?  (Read 3050 times)

RobertK

• View Profile
Exporting for presentation?
« on: October 13, 2016, 12:23:18 AM »
I've developed a very good (high density) model that I would like to use in a presentation.  Would anyone suggest software that is better optimized for presenting the model and might even have some options for post production lighting?  I would prefer something without a high learning curve due to time restraints.  Also any recommended output settings are appreciated as well.

thanks,
Robert

ekbmuts

• View Profile
Re: Exporting for presentation?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 01:34:19 AM »
Robert, For what it's worth, I use 3ds max to present my models.  I wouldn't say it's an easy program to master but is any 3D package easy to learn?

Alternately you could output as a pdf and show your stuff off that way.  I've done that and you get a fairly accurate rendition of your model, in full colour and are able to dolly around it.

To answer your question about what quality, I always go with the highese available.  Of course, that all hinges on having made the model at a respectable quality.  You can always down-size it afterwards. You'll never be able to up-size it without ruining it to some degree.

Jon

Mohammed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 01:45:17 AM »
you can also use Meshlab it's free sw!

SuperNewb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 10:46:14 AM »
I'm not sure if they are still letting people demo it, but you can try Geoverse MDM Viewer from Euclideon.  I use it for presentations and it goes over fairly well.  Camera is controlled via wireless xbox controller so you can let your clients navigate the model easily.

Grischa Hahn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 02:08:51 PM »
Try Autodesk ReMake

https://remake.autodesk.com/about

it is free for presentation of hires meshes.