Forum

Author Topic: Problems with Capturing data  (Read 5171 times)

gawin

• View Profile
Problems with Capturing data
« on: September 24, 2013, 12:11:11 PM »
Hi there,

I was running some tests shots today for my school project with the follow set up:

4 cameras (EOS 550D) mounted on a pole
2 x studio flash
1 x turntable

trigger system: hardwire trigger for all cameras, wireless trigger for flash (thru the transmitter attached to the hot-shoe on one the cameras?

I took 4 x 16 sets of photos, and on some of the photos, i get a "shadow" like the attached photos (see shot 2.jpg, i also included the previous shot which turned out fine). Can someone inspire me with what may go wrong?

Thanks!
Gawin
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 12:24:50 PM by gawin »

hsmith

• View Profile
Re: Problems with Capturing data
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 12:41:00 PM »
Gawin,

I can't really find the shadow that you speak about, but it may be my old age!  Do you mean the wall seems to be darker?  If that's the case, are you allowing enough time shots for the flash(s) to sufficiently recharge between shots?

Hopefully somebody else has a better solution,

Harold

gawin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 12:58:26 PM »
yeah, the wall on the left side seems to be darker.. i am just wondering whether it is a sync problem or there's something wrong with my strobes.... :-[

admir

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 01:44:06 PM »
We had similar problem when object is to close the curtain/wall, it would cast "shadow" on the wall. Tried moving turntable farther away from the wall ?

Also, like Harald said, could be that your flashes don't recharge fast enough or have you changed flashes output strenght ?

Admir

gawin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 02:52:06 PM »
I haven't changed the flash output strength. Let me try it again away from the wall / curtain.

thanks!

chadfx

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 05:24:58 PM »
It looks like flash on the left didn't fire in that second photo. If you look at the base platform and the floor next to it, the lighting is different between the two shots.

You could always put something reflective in some test shots and you would be able to see the reflection highlights of the strobes in the photo to help determine if they are going off or not.