Forum

Author Topic: Textures are completely messed up in 2.1 (tested with fisheye lens)  (Read 3218 times)

jenkinsm

• View Profile
I'm starting to test the use of a fisheye lens for my projects and the initial results in 2.0.1 on Mac OS were excellent. I installed 2.1 on my Windows PC and did another test - the mesh is great, but the textures are completely wrong. It's even placing texture where there is no mesh. See attached photos.

I'm about to roll back to 2.0.3 on Windows to see if the problem still exists. I am also testing the same photos on Mac. I'll update this post if I learn anything else relevant.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Textures are completely messed up in 2.1 (tested with fisheye lens)
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2023, 04:44:56 PM »
Hello jenkinsm,

Is the texture affected only for Fisheye cameras or whether the same issue happens for Frame type of the camera sensor? Please also specify the texture generation parameters used in 2.1 version and check, if the same result is obtained regardless the GPU selection in Metashape preferences windows.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

jenkinsm

• View Profile
Re: Textures are completely messed up in 2.1 (tested with fisheye lens)
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2023, 04:50:57 AM »
Hello jenkinsm,

Is the texture affected only for Fisheye cameras or whether the same issue happens for Frame type of the camera sensor? Please also specify the texture generation parameters used in 2.1 version and check, if the same result is obtained regardless the GPU selection in Metashape preferences windows.

I will test that soon. In the meantime, in preparation for testing, I put 2.1 on my Mac and opened an existing fisheye project (same lens/camera as the test I did on Windows). The textures loaded incorrectly, and look a lot like the other bad textures i got on Windows. I created these textures in 2.0.3 and they worked fine.

However, I was able to generate proper textures on Mac with that same project. (Image 2)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2023, 05:25:56 AM by jenkinsm »