Forum

Author Topic: desired freatures  (Read 5024 times)

William Ringle

• View Profile
desired freatures
« on: September 26, 2013, 03:29:25 PM »
After working intensively for a few months with the program, my wish list is:
1. Ability to import a chunk, with existing alignments, textures, etc. Given that Photoscan files get very large quickly, it would be easier to work on smaller chunks in separate files, then combine them.
2. Ability to un-align chunks.
3. JPG or TIFF output. How is the user to communicate the exciting models from Photoscan for reports, articles, etc? The 3D PDFs work only for very small models.
4. Better editing tools. How is the user to edit within a cavity (a room, depression, etc.)? Perhaps a tool that selects the first object in its path, rather than boring through the entire figure.
5. Zoom magnifier tool.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: desired freatures
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 06:02:04 PM »
Hello William,

Thank you for your suggestions.

1. I assume that "Append" option could be used for adding all the chunks from external project to the existing one.

2. I'm not quite sure what do you mean under "un-align". But to reset current chunk referencing data you can use "Reset transform" option in chunk context menu of the Workspace pane or reference in another coordinate system (or using another ground control data).

3. Do you mean high-resolution model renders? Will the screenshot of the model view be sufficient?

4. This tool is already in our list, but currently it is not planned for upcoming updates. As a workaround you can use "subtract selection".
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

William Ringle

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 06:28:20 PM »
Thanks for your quick reply. Yes, for #3 I mean an output image that would be of publication quality, more than a screen shot, perhaps of variable pixel size. I am using the program to reconstruct 3D models of archaeological buildings, so it would be useful for papers to be able to export hi-resolution images.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 09:40:11 PM »
Hello William,

Regarding 3rd point, please try to use Export Orthophoto in the version 1.0.0 (build 1774) using current view option for Planar Projection plane selected.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

William Ringle

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 05:36:48 PM »
Alexey: I am a little puzzled by your reply of 11/23. I am running Build 1714 of PhotoScan Std. Edition, 64 bit. From what I can tell from the web site, that is the current build, and my update checker indicates that as well. Are updates in ascending numerical order? I don't have this capability and another that I see has been implemented, removing textures. (I do remember having the export orthophoto in the pro edition.) Apologies for my obtuseness.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 07:05:56 PM »
Hello William,

Version 1.0.0 is available in pre-release state now: http://www.agisoft.ru/forum/index.php?topic=1476.0
Automatic updates notifier doesn't infrom about pre-release updates.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC