Forum

Author Topic: Chunks Alignment don?t work  (Read 13897 times)

zamani

• View Profile
Chunks Alignment don?t work
« on: June 27, 2011, 12:47:46 PM »
Hi guys,

i have a problem with the chunks aligment. If i have several chunks and i want to aligne them, than it just work without the markers (keypoints). If i set the markers to get the chunks into the same coordinate system, than ps through out this error: "not enough mamory space" (or something like that)...

I use a 16 GB Ram - Quadcore Machine (with 4 virtual cores - in the sum 8 cores). It should work!

In my opinion it is a bug, because this error is shown immediately after starting the process.

Do someone know how to fix this bug?

Thanks! regards!

Sergei Brehm
(Zamani Projekt)

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Chunks Alignment don?t work
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 02:27:00 PM »
Hello Sergei,

We are now working on the improved chunk alignment procedure, I think it will be implemented in the next version of PhotoScan.

Your problem is unclear. Does it only appear when you trying to align chunks which have markers with coordinates? Does simple chunk alignment  work on this data?

If it is possible you can send us the project with images so we could find out what the problem is.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 02:36:50 PM by Alexey Pasumansky »
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

zamani

• View Profile
Re: Chunks Alignment donВґt work
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 04:03:19 PM »
Hello Alexey,

thank you for the fast response.

The simple chunk alignment works great - but the problem is, that every chunk has an other coordinate system. So, I have to set markers (I tried it with 3 markers on each chunk). Marker 1 from Chunk 1 should be the same Point as Marker 1 from Chunk 2....  etc.

But if I set markers - the chunk aligment don?t work.

At the moment, it is not possible for me to send you the data, because it is a to big-project.

Maybe I can make some screenshots.

Thank you so much!

Best Regards,
Sergei

IanJohnson

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 04:59:16 PM »
I am running into a another problem with chunk alignment sometimes with the standard version.  It reaches 99% of projecting points and hangs there, running CPU at 100%.  It had been going 15 hours one time when I stopped it.  This has been happening at high and medium quality, but not low.  Unfortunately low quality results in some chunks being slightly off.  It wasn't running out of memory for the high and medium attempts, only about 2.5GB out of 8 used.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 03:33:08 PM »
Hello Sergei,

In current version of PhotoScan sometimes there could be problems with marker-using alignment, but next version update will improve this option.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 03:36:24 PM »
Hello Ian,

Thank you for reporting. Could you please answer how many chunks are there in the project (and what is the total number of photos in chunks)?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

IanJohnson

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 01:35:40 AM »
There are around 18 chunks with about 700 photos total.  It's happened on High Medium and Low quality, and never seemed to be reaching the limit of RAM.  I've done 15 successfully and ran into the problem after I added a few more.  I'm going back and aligning one additional chunk at a time, but that is a very slow process since they all have to align each time.  That's why I requested Progressive Alignment.  I think the problem might be a specific chunk, and it would be a lot easier to test if I can lock the orientation of the chunks that were already done.

Would the size of the mesh affect it?  Most of the chunks had been edited and decimated, but some of the new ones were still at a much higher resolution.  I also tried disabling half of the photos in each chunk but that didn't seem to help either.

One time when it was stuck at 99%, I canceled and everything was aligned anyway.  However that has only happened once.  Cancel never works on a stalled process, it always has to be forced quit.

I know it's a lot chunks and a lot of photos.  I am modeling my house, and found that keep detail sharp and noise low I need to photograph it fairly close, especially to create enough detail in flat painted areas.  My ultimate goal is to create a model I can use to get a colored 3D print.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 02:29:45 AM by IanJohnson »

IanJohnson

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 07:21:16 PM »
Watching the output I'm finding that projecting points shows 99% complete after about an hour of work, when it actually has 12 hours to go.  It seems to reach 99% at the "adding part" stage.