Forum

Author Topic: Keeping world coordinates a in zbrush  (Read 5515 times)

gawin

• View Profile
Keeping world coordinates a in zbrush
« on: October 01, 2013, 08:25:57 AM »
Hi there,

How to keep the "world coordinates" in zbrush?
After I tried to reimport my the retop"ed mesh (obj file) back into zbrush for texturing. The cam positions are all messed up... I read that you need to keep the world coordinates of the initial PS obj file intact to make this work.... But how to do this in zbrush?

Thanks
gawin

JMR

• View Profile
Re: Keeping world coordinates a in zbrush
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 01:05:55 AM »
Hi Gawin
In the export dialog you should choose the coordinate system of your project and write a traslation vector that brings your model to "near" (0,0,0). I usually take the integer part of the first GCP coordinates (with the same sign), take a screenshot of the dialog and save as "traslation.jpg" in the same folder as translated obj just in case.

Then go to zbrush and cook the mesh.

When you ar ready to reimport, use the very same coordinate system and vector including the same sign. If Zbrush does not change scale or anything else, I guess you will have the model back in its right world coordinates. Please tell us if works

Good luck

gawin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 06:23:48 AM »
Hi JMR,

Is there such function within Photoscan? I couldn't seem to find the "coordinate system" part in the export dialog or am I looking at the wrong place.

Best,
Gawin

JMR

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 10:05:10 PM »
Yes, it is in Pscan Pro. Export model... then choose a filename and folder and a dialog then opens with the options for coordinate system and shift vector.
 :D