Forum

Author Topic: 3D Pipe Modelling  (Read 513 times)

Sandy006

• View Profile
3D Pipe Modelling
« on: March 13, 2024, 05:37:03 PM »
Hello  :)

I would like to create a 3D model for the first time. Previously I have only ever created DEM, DSM and Othophotos. The object is a turbine and I am following this tutorial: https://agisoft.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000152092.

What I don't understand is, why don't I need a dense point cloud?

The problem is the representation of the turbine pipe. It is a round part (original photo attached) and is not represented as a smooth surface in the model . It also looks very blurry. Is there a better workflow or do I have to do further steps in another software like Blender?

Thanks!  :)

« Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 06:04:55 PM by Sandy006 »

e.spiridonova

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: 3D Pipe Modelling
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2024, 11:49:33 AM »
Dear Sandy006,

The problem is related to the texture of the object. The object is quite glossy and reflects a lot of light. Therefore, unfortunately, you observe irregularities in the geometry.

If it is possible spread some talc powder (or anything similar) over it to change it from glittering to the dull surface. Also in some case we can offer use Smooth Mesh tool (select Tools > Mesh > Smooth Mesh). The Smooth tool allows you to make the model smoother and remove irregularities on the surface.
Best regards,
Elizaveta Spiridonova,
Agisoft LLC