Forum

Author Topic: Question about chunk alignment and camera position  (Read 8189 times)

meshmixup

• View Profile
Question about chunk alignment and camera position
« on: October 22, 2013, 06:08:20 AM »
I tried to align two chunks (one master of all camera aligned correctly) using camera positions option hoping that the master chunk can fix the camera positions of the second chunk. But it seems there is nothing happen on the second chunk.... Does it mean chunk alignment only does the position alignment of the meshes/ points, not the camera?

For my case, I would like to correct my camera positions of the chunks in reference to the master chunk. Is it possible? Thanks. :D
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 06:39:03 AM by meshmixup »

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Question about chunk alignment and camera position
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 03:33:18 PM »
Hello meshmixup,

Camera based chunk alignment means that two (or more) chunks will be aligned using cameras with the same labels, usually this option is used for multi-camera rigs (like shown in IR-tutorial: http://ir-ltd.net/delivering-aligned-and-scaled-photoscan-outputs/).

Probably you can specify your tasks with some additional details or screenshots for better understanding?
Do you mean to "correct" the orientation/scale and position of second chunk (and thus the cameras), or there are some NA or badly aligned cameras that you wish to fix?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 03:35:02 PM by Alexey Pasumansky »
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

meshmixup

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 06:44:04 PM »
Thanks for your reply, I have read IR's tutorial in positioning and scaling which are very informative. And that inspires me to setup the master chunk of well positioned camera as reference source. I wants to use the master chunk to fix the other chunks with badly aligned camera as shown in the red circle. i.e. correct the camera positions. Is it possible? Thanks

p.s. I have used the same file name for the same camera.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 11:35:36 AM »
Hello meshmixup,

Align chunk procedure only orients chunks relatively to each other based on the selected option (point based, camera based or marker based) and doesn't change camera positions anyhow. However, badly positioned cameras could induce errors to chunk alignment, so it's recommended to disable them prior to Align Chunks procedure to get correct result.

But to fix wrong camera positions I can recommend two options:
1) reset camera alignment for such cameras and then use Align selected cameras option.
2) Export cameras from Tools menu from correctly aligned chunk and use Import cameras option for other chunks, but in this case not only naming convention should remain the same, but also all camera positions and parameters should be unchanged compared to the "reference" chunk.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

meshmixup

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 04:09:12 PM »
Hello Alexey,

I have just tried to use export cameras to align another chunk and it works!! Thanks for your tips! I still have a lot to learn!! Many Thanks.