Forum

Author Topic: Split groups by default?  (Read 3888 times)

Subunderground

• View Profile
Split groups by default?
« on: November 05, 2013, 03:57:46 PM »
Any chance of having an option to always split groups in camera calibration. We have an 86 camera rig and find results are better if we split any groups, but have to do this step every time.

Or if there's already a way, sorry!!   :)

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Split groups by default?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 05:34:30 PM »
Hello Subunderground,

Currently groups are generated automatically based on the camera resolution and initial calibration values.

It is possible to use Python scripting yo split groups automatically for all chunks in the project. Let me know if such script is handy for your tasks.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Subunderground

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 02:36:36 PM »
Hi Alexey,

Yes, it would be really handy. Correct me if I'm wrong but we appear to get slightly better results if we split all groups. We have an 86 camera rig and when it groups say 15 of the 35mm cameras together it almost seems that it treats it as though that is the same 35mm camera used 15 times? Does that make sense? and I'm assuming as they're set individually that one will be 35mm, one may be 35.1mm, one 34.9 etc. etc. even though the exif only says 35mm so I just assume that this is why we appear to get slightly better results by splitting all groups?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 02:51:50 PM »
Hello Subunderground,

when it groups say 15 of the 35mm cameras together it almost seems that it treats it as though that is the same 35mm camera used 15 times?
Yes, the behavior is similar. Splitting the calibration groups is reasonable if different cameras are used or zoom lens with the intermediate focal length positions. While same camera types with the same fixed lens usually works fine.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC