Forum

Author Topic: alignment mistakes  (Read 3087 times)

jan

• View Profile
alignment mistakes
« on: November 13, 2013, 07:31:42 PM »
Hi all,

I often encounter alignment mistakes by PhotoScan. Often Photoscan aligns subsets of photo's right, but these subsets are at angles with each other (resulting in intersecting planes). I should have enough overlap between the pictures. I mostly use a lot of pictures (2000 and more), but I have a quiet powerful PC (24 GB RAM, i7 hexacore, GeForce GTX 580) so here is no problem. Mostly I align at medium quality, and this will take about 30 to 40 hours or so to align. Do you think that aligning at high quality will reduce this problem? Is there anything else I could do? I'm using aerial photos from a desert, but there are a lot of bushes present, so there are in my opinion enough features to be able to align correctly. In matter of fact, as explained above, PhotoScan does align correctly, but only within subsets. These subsets are however at angles with each other...

Wishgranter

• View Profile
    • Museum of Historic Buildings
Re: alignment mistakes
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 07:45:54 PM »
hard to say, read PM.....

Have you there GPS log or GCPs ??
----------------
www.mhb.sk

jan

• View Profile
Re: alignment mistakes
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 08:16:14 PM »
no GPS log. I do have GCPs, but in my case I think I can use these only after the alignment process because the GCPs are not distinguishable from each other. Once the photos are correctly aligned, I can see the pattern of the GCPs, and from this GCP pattern I can assign the correct coordinates to each GCP.