Forum

Author Topic: Turntable Requirements  (Read 29080 times)

Hayato

• View Profile
Re: Turntable Requirements
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2013, 08:41:28 AM »
Hi everyone,

I will use standard 18-55mm lens and Nikon D5200, and i will try this turntable system.
Please tell me about the optimal distance between the camera and the subject?

Best regards

Hayato

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2013, 09:53:54 AM »
Taking 30 sheets can be difficult to continuous shooting of RAW.
Is it okay to to JPEG?

Exhale

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2013, 10:31:55 AM »
Hi,
Yes, you are having problem because as admir said "you need to sync flashes and cameras" this is must.
Adjust the flashes position and make sure there is no shadow or anyother differance on the background.  RAW or JPEG doesn't make huge differance.

by the way, upload some photos and ps data if it is possible..

admir

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2013, 12:51:26 PM »
I have yet to try using the mask from background feature in Agisoft as I've been creating key's from a green screen background. How are you ensuring that the background exposure is the exact same with and without the subject? Exposure locking? Or does Agisoft have some tolerance when it comes to this?

Shoot with manual focus and white balance. That ensures same focus, same exposure.

Hayato

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2013, 08:58:30 AM »
Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I am a stage considering what to do.
After purchasing them, I will do the test.
At that time, I will post the image.

Best regards.

admir

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2013, 11:02:00 AM »
Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I am a stage considering what to do.
After purchasing them, I will do the test.
At that time, I will post the image.

Best regards.

Good luck!

Admir

EMULAT3D

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2013, 05:47:17 AM »
I have yet to try using the mask from background feature in Agisoft as I've been creating key's from a green screen background. How are you ensuring that the background exposure is the exact same with and without the subject? Exposure locking? Or does Agisoft have some tolerance when it comes to this?

Shoot with manual focus and white balance. That ensures same focus, same exposure.

Hey Admir!

Thanks for the tip, I will be giving the manual white balance a go during my next round of tests.  ;D

thesystemera

• View Profile
    • realityvirtual
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2014, 01:09:35 PM »
Hi Exhale. Names Simon, from New Zealand.

I'm building a photogrammetry studio (really just starting). A simple camera rig of four Canon EOS 600D's rigged on varying angles in accordance with a rotating Lazy Susan. Well that's the idea.

Would love to know how you build your custom Lazy Susan with micro-controller. It would be awesome if one could alter speeds or even have intervals of on-off timed with triggered capture as to eliminate an motion blur (no matter how mild).

Did you buy a pre-packaged solution, was it a DIY guide. Very interested to know. Only got a very small business grant to try and pull this off and don't want to spend unnecessary cash on mistakes. If you think I'm taking the wrong route and have any suggestions regarding cheap alternatives, I am all ears.
Simon Che de Boer @ http://www.realityvirtual.co/

elisa.laviolette

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2014, 11:25:38 AM »
Hi everyone,
I was thinking of buying this 12" turntable from Arqspin too, in order to make capturing faster (I am currently testing 3D modeling of archeological stone tools, and I have a lot of them to capture...).
Hayato, can you tell us how this setup works for you ?

Thx,

dariusp

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2014, 06:36:19 PM »

Hi everyone,
I was thinking of buying this 12" turntable from Arqspin too, in order to make capturing faster (I am currently testing 3D modeling of archeological stone tools, and I have a lot of them to capture...).
Hayato, can you tell us how this setup works for you ?

Thx,

I've recently purchased a turntable and "ELECTRONIC DEGREE TIMER STOPPER" from http://www.studiotent.com/. I'm currently working with a museum to scan various items and this setup will help greatly. You use the timer to control the turntable rotations, "turn for 3 secs then pause for 5 secs." etc. Combined this with a timer on the DSLR and can photograph an object in under 4 minutes, will speed up process and provides more accurate overlap.

Not sure if works out cheaper than Arqspin, my setup was about £150.

Done a quick test and is very simple, just a bit of maths. Testing it fully tomorrow.