Forum

Author Topic: import mask  (Read 13187 times)

mwittnebel

• View Profile
import mask
« on: November 25, 2013, 12:25:32 PM »
I have a lumix camera with some death pixels on the CCD because of this i would like create one mask file to exclude this death pixels.

Is it possible to load one mask file for all imported cameras ?

Best Regards
Marcus

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: import mask
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 12:29:33 PM »
Hello Marcus,

Please check the similar topic:
http://www.agisoft.ru/forum/index.php?topic=1719.0
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

mr_cg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 01:50:18 PM »

Would be good to have also the option ....

Import Masks for: selected photos

I have turntable and beside the rotation use different angles.
Before placing the object i make one shot for the background masking ... which works pretty well.

For model calculation i need to have all photos in one chunk and therefore it would be good to have the import mask feature also for the selection of photos.
Currently i am using the workaround to adding the photos of different angles to seperate chunks. Then i am importing the masks for active chunk. And finally (after background masking) i am moving all photos back to one chunk before i can start to calculte the pointcloud.

For me it would make sense to add the option "for selected photos" in the mask by background menu.

AcademiaBA

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 05:05:15 PM »
Hello mr_cg!

Could you please explain me step by step, how you do mask by background in photoscan?
Imagin I have just one camera with 24 photos with a static background and one more photo from background without the obj.

Thank you so much!

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 05:18:24 PM »
Hello AcademiaBA,

The main idea of masking from background is discussed in the related topic: http://www.agisoft.ru/forum/index.php?topic=442.0

To use this option you need to have a "background" image for every camera position used. So this method can be only applied if camera is fixed and the object can be removed from the scene.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

AcademiaBA

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 05:27:11 PM »
Hello Alexey!

I?ve read that discussion and I understand it. My problem is how to do it! I have 3 differnet cameras with 3 photos without the object in scene. I load photos of every position in a different chunk, along with the photo of background. But in the menu of import mask for active chunk, it ask you for a .png file not a .jpg. So before doing that I have to export the mask with "export for active chunk" just by clicking on the background photos, without doing nothing, is it correct or not? In any case, id does not work, I?m taking wrong one stpe and I dont know which one it is!

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 05:35:35 PM »
Hello AcademiaBA,

I've answered your question here: http://www.agisoft.ru/forum/index.php?topic=1797.msg9572#msg9572
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

AcademiaBA

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2013, 03:32:14 PM »
Thank you so much and sorry for delay!