Forum

Author Topic: Adding new photos to existing chunk  (Read 4870 times)

Andrew

• View Profile
Adding new photos to existing chunk
« on: December 01, 2013, 03:05:36 PM »
Adding new photos and aligning them to already existing aligned chunk does not seem to work, could that be made possible?

Every now and then, after grabbing photos and aligning them in Photoscan I realize I didn't get enough coverage of some area, or I messed up cam settings and some photos are unusable. Ideally I would like to take additional photos and just add them to existing chunk, just align those new photos to the previously aligned ones. This could easily save hours, as usually hundreds of photos are just fine and I only need to add a couple new ones.

-Andrew

dcm39

• View Profile
Re: Adding new photos to existing chunk
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 09:29:06 PM »
I would second this - being able to match a new photo to an existing chunk would be an extremely useful tool. It is really clunky to have to completely re-align all the photos just to a single new photo (that wasn't included when the matching was done).

Maybe the best way to do this would be to split the align photos into two steps: "Matching" then "Aligning"? In particular, setting the matching such that the user can find the extra matches for the new photo...

William Ringle

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 05:32:18 PM »
Could this be acted upon, for all the reasons given by the other authors? It would be a tremendous time-saver.

Aaron Curtis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 10:53:07 PM »
Yes please! You can do this in VisualSFM just fine. It's pretty essential.