Forum

Author Topic: Charging 50+ Cameras / Batteries  (Read 18471 times)

Mfranquelo

• View Profile
Re: Charging 50+ Cameras / Batteries
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2014, 06:40:59 PM »
I think it should be fine to leave the cameras ON all the time. I?ve just figured out that when you open the battery compartment the camera shuts down automatically  :o, but if you take something and press inside a little hole you can still enable the camera while having the battery compartment opened.
This might be some kind of protection against something....

I?ll check this week !

mala

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2014, 07:54:37 PM »
Depending on what cameras you have (sorry can't seem to that in this thread)..... it is not a good idea to turn cameras On/Off by simply turning on/off your large 200W power supply.

Most DSLR perform functions when turning on/off by the cameras switch...such as Sensor cleaning..most usually this is storing data about dirt on the sensor and degraded pixels into the cameras memory.

The micro processor in the camera likes to be turned off properly...rather than just suddenly have it's power taken away.

Whilst you might get away with turning on /off "at the wall" a few times,I would not advise this as a long term method.

Mr_Curious

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2014, 08:15:33 PM »
Whilst you might get away with turning on /off "at the wall" a few times,I would not advise this as a long term method.

This is excellent advice!

Cheers,

MC

Exhale

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2014, 08:41:59 PM »
I think it should be fine to leave the cameras ON all the time. I?ve just figured out that when you open the battery compartment the camera shuts down automatically  :o, but if you take something and press inside a little hole you can still enable the camera while having the battery compartment opened.
This might be some kind of protection against something....

I?ll check this week !

Get a drill and drill the battery cover  ;D ;D ;D 

Mfranquelo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2014, 02:05:10 PM »
I can de-active the sensors cleaning on the camera's menu. However i will test it on one camera first. Thanks for the advice!

PD: Im using Canon 700D.

meshmixup

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2014, 03:39:53 PM »
If it is a full day work, I would prefer to turn it on all the time and let it turn to sleep mode while not taking photos. And by the end of the day, turn off the camera power switch one by one before switch off the external power :)

I guess this is good for camera electronics
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 03:41:54 PM by meshmixup »

Exhale

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2014, 12:23:10 AM »
Mfranquelo,

Any up to date info?  Have you done this power supply unit  ?

Mfranquelo

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2014, 05:40:13 AM »
Yeah sorry for not updating.
Everything is working nicely.

Im using power supply with fake batteries. Im keeping everything ON besides the cameras, i activate them one by one. I havent tried to keep them ON all the time, but it should be ok.
I want to build another power supply for the flashes, however i realised than they need to have AA batteries even with the external power supply attached. :(

Exhale

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2014, 11:56:13 AM »
Oh, That's nice one. Definitely, it is pain in the ass, feeding those babies by charging their batteries :)
So how did you sort out the on/off button  that is at the battery hole ? 
Do you keep the battery covers open? I hope you didn't use a drill  :) :)

Mfranquelo

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2014, 12:20:17 PM »
They have a sensor for the battery cover. If its opened the camera turns to sleep mode. But there's a special hole already built on the camera to implement a fake battery. So you can close the battery cover while passing through the cable. Atleast on my 700d's

- The power supply that i bought has an ON/OFF button. It is programmable and i can get two voltage outputs. One of 7.4V for the cammeras and another one of 300V for the flashes.

xM