Forum

Author Topic: Exporting point cloud in terms of local coordinates  (Read 2369 times)

CS UAS

• View Profile
Exporting point cloud in terms of local coordinates
« on: December 18, 2013, 04:11:57 AM »
We have just started UAV mapping and have a large data set that we have processed (23 million points - about 900 ha). We now want to export the point cloud in terms of our local coordinate system to supply to our client (surveyor) who will then clean the data in a third party software before doing earthwork design. I now have a couple of questions specific to achieving this.

1.   How do I export the adjusted (using ground control points) point cloud data in terms of our local coordinate system? Note that we have processed through to and including "Build Geometry", but are under the impression that the points of the point cloud are not reduced to ground control point terms. (Please correct me here if I am wrong)

2.   What is the best way to reduce the number of points (to less that 5 million) so they can be utilised in our clients software?

3.   We have a few points that have been create a long way from where they should be (10's of meters in the vertical). Can anyone suggest what are the best settings to tidy this up - remove these?

Please keep in mind that this is for a planar surface (terrain).

Thank you for your assistance.