Forum

Author Topic: Tech demo  (Read 5498 times)

Wishgranter

• View Profile
    • Museum of Historic Buildings
Tech demo
« on: December 16, 2013, 02:24:50 PM »
http://www.evermotion.org/articles/show/8366/thorskan-technology-demo

have feeling that i have seen few things from video here, its that correct ? and therefore it seems to be agisoft involved :-D 
----------------
www.mhb.sk

Infinite

• View Profile
Re: Tech demo
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 10:27:28 PM »
Farm51 wants to achieve a true photorealism. "Get Even" graphics is based on 3d scans of real locations and characters. For the first time this kind of technology wil be used so extensively in a videogame.

Interested to see how they remove all shadow baking, specular sheen and baked in details to utilize physically based shading, lighting and rendering  :)

Shame Photoscan didn't get a plug (as usual)

bmc130

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 11:41:32 PM »
Maybe they used this program? http://www.tandent.com/lightbrush/

I've been playing around at work with a demo version and I must say it does a pretty good job. The price is a bit heavy though. Think it's around $ 800 for a single seat. I've tried it on some textures generated from PS and even if these were 8bits it did a good job removing shadows. According to Tandent, Lightbrush makes best result with raw files.

admir

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 01:17:15 PM »
Farm51 wants to achieve a true photorealism. "Get Even" graphics is based on 3d scans of real locations and characters. For the first time this kind of technology wil be used so extensively in a videogame.

Interested to see how they remove all shadow baking, specular sheen and baked in details to utilize physically based shading, lighting and rendering  :)

Shame Photoscan didn't get a plug (as usual)

I don't think they removed shadows at all. If you check start of 2nd movie, there is shadow from window in the corner that is baked into Color (as it looks to perfect for real time shadow rendering). Also there are spec highlights on bottles (looks like from lights they used when lighting scene) in the garbage pile in opposite corner.
Guess with proper scene lighting you can remove all large shadows and with baked "occlusion" in color maps you get fine details. Crazybump does miracles with generating additional normal maps from color.

Anyway, it looks great. Wonder how many textures does scene uses :)

Admir