Forum

Author Topic: Building Tips (Model included)  (Read 2300 times)

russthor@msn.com

• View Profile
Building Tips (Model included)
« on: February 28, 2017, 05:12:51 AM »
Hey guys,

I download a trial to see how this software would compare to Drone Deploy outputs for 3D buildings. I have attached a few screenshots of a recent project I tried in Photoscan after several tutorials/attempts. Ideally, I would like to get this to a professional level for real estate but I'm not quite there. What do you guys think I need to improve to get rid of the sloppy looking roof overhang and a few small imperfections (garage doors and pillars off of the deck)? Model has around 90 photos used.

1. More photos from under the overhang/around the deck? (This is what I'm leaning towards)

2. Can I manually smooth out poor areas be editing the mesh or dense cloud some more in Photoscan?

3. Should I be looking at a separate product to edit the model in - suggestions on software?

Thanks! I can post more info/screenshots if needed.

spiegel

• View Profile
Re: Building Tips (Model included)
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 09:42:04 AM »
I have similar problems.
Any hinds for good models of buildings ?

tahvos

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 12:32:04 PM »
I also have had lots of problems with buildings and roofs. How to make better models?

Arahne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 12:53:40 PM »
Get closer to the subject in order to get more detail. Perhaps You can combine ground digital camera shots for house facade with drone shots for roof....