Forum

Author Topic: Creating mesh without camera positions  (Read 6454 times)

disco_pihtija

• View Profile
Creating mesh without camera positions
« on: December 26, 2013, 04:29:24 AM »
Dear all,

I have started a new topic about building geometry using aerial photos without camera positions. As I read in the manual that it is possible if I have GCPs, which I have.

I would like to ask you what steps I have to use now? Do I have to place GCPs first and then align photos or align and then place markers etc. I put GCPs and when I wanted to align photos with Pair Preselection: Ground Control, there is written: Camera coordinates are not available. So, do I have to align them using some other option like Generic or Disabled?

Kind regards,

Nastic

disco_pihtija

• View Profile
Re: Creating mesh without camera positions
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 04:50:04 AM »
Dear all,

Also I want to ask one more question. Some of my photos are not sorted well. To explain, photos are not going in order as they were taken from the air. So, for example, photos 1,2,3,4,5, in PhotoScan, they are going 1,4,5,2,3.

How can I solve that problem and is it the problem at all? Will it align in a good way?

Thanks again

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 11:25:27 AM »
Hello Nastic,

If you do not have camera positions data for aerial image set, you should use Generic preselection mode (it will be much faster on big datasets than without any preselection).
Placing markers can be performed after the alignment has completed, moreover it is recommended way since you'll be able to use Guided Approach for marker placement. After placing markers and importing their coordinates (don't forget to specify corresponding coordinate system in the Ground Control pane settings) it is recommended to optimize camera alignment.
You can use the following Tutorial as a guide, just skipping Loading Camera Coordinates step:
http://www.agisoft.ru/tutorials/photoscan/06/

The second question about the order of photos is not clear, if you mean that the camera labels do not correspond to the order of images were taken, then it is not a problem for Align Photos stage.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

disco_pihtija

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 10:52:21 PM »
Dear Alexey,

Happy New Year 2014.

I would like to ask you about ordering photos. You told me that even if camera labels do not correspond to the order of images were taken, I think that there is a problem.

I have two rows of photos. In the first row, order of photos in Workspace is not the same as order of photos taken (C4-10, C4-11, C4-6, C4-7, C4-8). The second row, order of photos are good(C5-5, C5-6, C5-7). After the alignment, the second row of photos (good order) is aligned well, but the first one( bad order) couldn't align the photos. Even if I have camera positions for each photo.

Do you maybe how to solve the problem I have.

Best wishes in the New Year.

Nastic   

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 11:05:32 PM »
Hello Nastic,

Happy New Year to you too!

If could send the image set (or a link to a file holder) to support@agisoft.ru we can take a closer look at the problem.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC