Forum

Author Topic: Error building texture  (Read 627 times)

Luiz Antônio Hugen

• View Profile
Error building texture
« on: February 06, 2024, 11:31:13 PM »
Hello everyone.

When doing the "Build Texture" step, I ended up running into the following error:

glBufferData(0x8893, resource->size, resource->buffer, 0x88E4) failed: Out of memory
2024-02-06 17:21:32 renderer_qgl.cpp line 872: glViewport(new_viewport.x(), new_viewport.y(), width, height) failed: Out of memory

I would like to understand more about this error. Is it related to the memory available on the hard drive? I have more than 160 gb released. Or would it be related to RAM, or video card?

Another question, about a situation that arose. When trying to build the texture, it completed the process, however, at the end, it gave an error message, related to memory.
Well, my question is the following, when repeating the texture process again, in the "Mapping mode" option, the "Keep uv" option was removed. Before I didn't have access to this option, so by default I use "Adptive Orthophoto".

Could anyone explain to me why this is?

Thank you all in advance
« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 11:42:21 PM by Luiz Antônio Hugen »

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Error building texture
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2024, 06:15:40 PM »
Hello Luiz,

What Metashape version you are using and whether installing the latest compatible  GPU driver from AMD web-site resolves the problem?

Such kind of messages usually mean that there are OpenGL rendering issues in the Model view. Usually related to the outdated GPU driver, but may be also caused by high-poly model opened in the Model view (like hundreds of polygons) or model with texture atlas of very high resolution (like 32K+).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC