Forum

Author Topic: Building texture version 1.0.0  (Read 6999 times)

fiorillo

• View Profile
Building texture version 1.0.0
« on: January 08, 2014, 06:15:14 PM »
We work at the model's lab of the University of Salerno, Italy, where we regularly use PhotoScan for architectural survey. Lately I have been working on building a model of a church. I first did a couple of low quality trials on version 9.1 and the results were impressive considering the low quality of the points cloud. At the time I started working with a higher quality for the final model generation, the software was updated to the new version 1.0.0. I started with the workflow process all over again. I got to the point of building the mesh with accurate results but when I try to creat the texture, as adaptive orthophoto, in an average blending mode and a size of 8192 px, the result shows a complete black surface. I have tried enabling the color correction but the results were the same. I also changed the  blending mode trying each one of the options but there was no better uitcoming.
This is a screenshot of what we get by creating the texture in the new version, and how it really looks when we built it in version 9.1.
We appreciate your comments,
Thanks

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Building texture version 1.0.0
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 06:04:50 PM »
Hello fiorillo,

The problem is the same that is mentioned in another topic already: http://www.agisoft.ru/forum/index.php?topic=1853.0

The update in the upcoming weeks will include the fix for it.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

jan

• View Profile
completely black texture
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 03:57:42 PM »
Hello,

I just made a mesh of 1000 photos (non of them are black), and the topography seems ok, but after building texture,
the produced texture is completely black...
I retried several times, but no improvement... Does anybody knows how to deal with this?

kind regards,
Jan

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 05:17:24 PM »
Hello Jan,

What mapping mode are you using for texture generation? Have you tried "orthophoto" mode? I think it will be the most appropriate option for aerial survey and will produce the single texture chart, so the problem for "generic" and "adaptive orthophoto" modes will be avoided.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 06:53:17 PM »
Hello Jan and fiorillo,

We have released the updated version.

Please check if the result is fine now. However, please note that you need to rebuild mesh in the new release prior to the texture generation.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC