Forum

Author Topic: Embossing fine details in Zbrush  (Read 8876 times)

eduardoestrada85

• View Profile
Embossing fine details in Zbrush
« on: January 10, 2014, 07:03:36 AM »
It would be possible for someone to explain in detail the process by which fine details are added to a model with the high pass technique, displacement map, alpha in zbrush.
I saw the tutorial of Lee Perry Smith (tnx). I understood a part and achieves see on screen the result, but when exporting the. Obj remained the same as at the beginning. The truth is that I spent a day in front of zbrush, is quite complex. If someone could make screenshots and generate a mini tutorial.
Would be ideal if a function also exist provided in Agisoft
Thanks in advance
regards
Eduardo 

bartosh44

Re: Embossing fine details in Zbrush
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 01:58:44 PM »

Infinite

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 02:32:42 PM »
It would be possible for someone to explain in detail the process by which fine details are added to a model with the high pass technique, displacement map, alpha in zbrush.
I saw the tutorial of Lee Perry Smith (tnx). I understood a part and achieves see on screen the result, but when exporting the. Obj remained the same as at the beginning. The truth is that I spent a day in front of zbrush, is quite complex. If someone could make screenshots and generate a mini tutorial.
Thanks in advance
regards
Eduardo

Hi Eduardo, what don't you understand from the tutorial? Every step was explained as best as possible. Which part didn't you understand?

You get the highpass from the colour baked texture in Photoshop, you displace the geometry using the colour baked texture in ZBrush.

Best,
Lee

eduardoestrada85

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 08:36:12 AM »
Thanks in advance
regards
Eduardo

Hi Eduardo, what don't you understand from the tutorial? Every step was explained as best as possible. Which part didn't you understand?

You get the highpass from the colour baked texture in Photoshop, you displace the geometry using the colour baked texture in ZBrush.

Best,
Lee

Hi Infinite,

Thanks for your answer. It is necessary duplicate the mesh? or you can do on a single. obj.?
When making embossing increases the amount of polygons?
I tried it in a file of 500,000 poly
If the polygons increase, it is necessary to modify any function in zbrush?

tnx in advance
greetings,
Eduardo

eduardoestrada85

• View Profile

Infinite

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 02:32:45 PM »
Hi Infinite,

Thanks for your answer. It is necessary duplicate the mesh? or you can do on a single. obj.?
When making embossing increases the amount of polygons?
I tried it in a file of 500,000 poly
If the polygons increase, it is necessary to modify any function in zbrush?

tnx in advance
greetings,
Eduardo

I'm not sure what you're asking, at which point for duplication? What function?

You can't emboss a 500,000 polygon mesh it wont have the resolution. It needs at least 2-7 million polygons to be able to get the detail embossed correctly.

eduardoestrada85

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 07:08:39 PM »
Hi Infinite,
Thanks for the information of the number of polygons.
In your tutorial are several layers, my question is whether it is necessary for embossing.
Sorry actually understand too little about Zbrush and clearly my native language is not English.
One last query
The following is correct?
1 - Export from Agisoft  (2-7 mill poly OBJ.)
2 - Import in Zbrush
3 - Texture Bump
4 - Texture Displacement (from highpass)
5 - Export.

Thanks for your time and willingness to help
regards
Eduardo