Forum

Author Topic: How work the automatic calibration tool in PhotoScan?  (Read 3455 times)

asus

• View Profile
How work the automatic calibration tool in PhotoScan?
« on: January 08, 2014, 03:09:20 PM »
Hello everybody,
I have been testing Agisoft PhotoScan and the results are great. Congratulations on your software.

But I would like to know how work the automatic calibration tool in Photoscan. I mean, I really don't understand how it get the distorsion parameters...what control points are used to do it? I have been testing Agisoft Lens too, and it is very clear how it work. I would be very grateful if you explained me.

It is important to me to know this stuff before buying pro version. I checked tutorial and forum but I couldn't find nothing about it. Sorry if I didn't read something.
Kind regards.

Wishgranter

• View Profile
    • Museum of Historic Buildings
Re: How work the automatic calibration tool in PhotoScan?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 03:20:36 PM »
Hi Asus, as from my knowlege there are implemented many research results on this matter. AGI cannot and will not explain indepht how it works, because they could give hints to other sw solutions and they could implement it. From what im hear from industry experts they have one of the best models of camera descriptions. it works even on film scans, where is the black frame, scanned from analog camera and it works...... there is most importraint to know how to shoot and let it to the sw internall subroutines. many people using it, and happy with robustness, speed and easy of getting good results....
----------------
www.mhb.sk

asus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 03:48:44 PM »
Hi Wishgranter, I really understand AGI cannot explain indepht how it works...and I don't want this (among other reasons, because I will not understand anything). I just talking about the working principle.

If you are telling me that it works even on film scan, can I assume that the EXIF data are not important?

Kind regards

Wishgranter

• View Profile
    • Museum of Historic Buildings
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 06:06:43 PM »
yes, it works, cannot show it because NDA, but it need same resolution  on all photos - properly scaned film and it works.... the EXIF is that help determine initial parameters that are then reconstructed from the data.....
----------------
www.mhb.sk