Forum

Author Topic: Generating mesh stuck at 100% but overall progress bar not done..  (Read 4804 times)

MeHoo

• View Profile
Getting these long, disk-paging scans  to get to 100% after 24+ hours, but then they just stop at 100% for many hours. 

The Overall progress bar still has about a 15% gap at the end, and I can see my paged memory (Commit Size) dropping and moving, etc, but it doesn't seem like it will ever end.  Kind of annoyed that 100% isn't 100%.  Safe to assume that if the Commit Size and memory are still bouncing around that this isn't locked up?

Also, does Photoscan have an option to auto-save after each big step in the processing in case you need to kill the process?  Resuming this on a rented 200 gig machine would be awesome, for instance.

Any help is appreciated.  :/

I will say this, the latest build is working amazingly well for alignments.  Pretty happy with that, and the ability to build the dense cloud now.  I wish there was the ability to use distributed computing to build these meshes though, as I have servers sitting idle while one machine chomps away at it.

Mr_Curious

• View Profile
Re: Generating mesh stuck at 100% but overall progress bar not done..
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 04:45:28 PM »
I wish there was the ability to use distributed computing to build these meshes though, as I have servers sitting idle while one machine chomps away at it.

Would have to agree 100%  IMHO, this is currently the weakest point in Agisoft.

Cheers,

MC

MeHoo

• View Profile
Re: Generating mesh stuck at 100% but overall progress bar not done..
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 11:46:37 PM »
Yeah my measely 24 gigs of ram gets laughed at, it seems. 

I let it run overnight, and it is now at the decimating mesh portion of the process.  See, now, I wish I could hit cancel, and have it save my mesh at this point.  Guess I'll have to let me machine page for the next 5 days and finish.