Forum

Author Topic: Best Positioning of cameras?  (Read 5212 times)

ricky4207

• View Profile
Best Positioning of cameras?
« on: January 28, 2014, 01:56:05 AM »
I'm fairly new to photoscan and I've learned alot about the program very quickly, I have five cameras pointed at a turntable in an arc-ing manner, but feel like I need to pull the upper cameras back further, and lose the arc as it doesn't seem to help make better scans. I have attached my most recent scan with the cameras pulled back a little, but I'm thinking they should almost be in a vertical line straight up and down.  I have a lot of overlap on my top 3 cameras, however I want the best face scans I can get.  Is it good or bad to have lots of overlap on the upper body?

Any advice on the best camera placement would be great!  thank you
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 01:59:43 AM by ricky4207 »

admir

• View Profile
Re: Best Positioning of cameras?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 11:53:14 AM »
You should try rotating them vertically (top 2), maybe adding another one also vertical poistioned around chest pointing upwards shooting just head. With turntable 3 cameras for head is minimum. We shot just head with 4 cameras and turntable to get decent results.

A

ricky4207

• View Profile
Re: Best Positioning of cameras?
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 12:14:33 AM »
Well I currently have all 5 cameras vertically positioned.  Would it be best to keep my lower cameras in a landscape orientation?  The resolution of my models is not turning out as good as I would like, or have gotten before sometimes.  thanks for your responses, I'm learning so much everyday!

rick