Forum

Poll

how do I cut an object automatically in photoscan Standard Edition?

1 (50%)
1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: how do I cut an object automatically in photoscan Standard Edition?  (Read 4871 times)

enrico

• View Profile
hello, I am a user demo Agisoft PhotoScan STANDARD EDITION I have a question
how do I cut an object automatically for the next 100 photos?
I urgently need this info thanks

James

• View Profile
Re: how do I cut an object automatically in photoscan Standard Edition?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 02:07:11 PM »
assuming you mean the object is in the same position in each photo and you want to mask it out?

if you only want to do it for N photos (100) rather than the whole chunk then you need to duplicate the chunk, and make it active, remove the photos you don't want to mask from it.

then manually mask the object from 1 photo in the chunk.

export the mask for current photo only, call it objectmask.png or something.

import that mask for the active chunk, you will need to specify the filename above before you browse for the folder containing it.

then export the masks for the whole  active chunk using this form {filename}_mask.png (export these to an empty folder somewhere)

then go back to your original chunk containing all photos and import mask for the active chunk again using {filename}_mask.png before browsing for the previously empty folder they were exported to. This way it will only apply masks to files with filenames matching those in the duplicate chunk you created.

if the object is moving in the background, then you can mask the entire background approximately by generating a rough mesh of your main subject, and importing your mask for the active chunk from the model. It will mask everything except areas where the 'mesh' is visible.

if the object is moving in the foreground, then you need to get clicking and making 100 masks as there is currently no solution to that one :( It does go quicker than you think once you get going!

picoprinter

• Mid life crisis
    • View Profile
    • 3d Pico Printing
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 08:05:13 PM »
In a youtube clip last night while I was researching Photoscan Standard to buy (had been using 123d Catch); I saw in a list of features for the Standard version automatic masking.  This clip http://youtu.be/JoRhXFoGsXs credit InfiniteRealities

It implied to me anyway that if I have a reference photo without the subject, and one with the subject (or 20 such reference photos), I can automate masking in this version.  Is this the recipe for that automatic masking?  Thanks and that feature would put me over the top to switch applications.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 02:07:09 AM by picoprinter »
Going 4 it.

James

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 01:40:00 PM »
Yes you can do that, and i've found it works well, but barely used it, and never for multiple cameras. most of my work is done with single camera, from a moving platform, i.e. handheld, boom lift, uav etc.