Forum

Author Topic: Crash at end of geometry building - output too big?  (Read 5285 times)

AlexC

• View Profile
Crash at end of geometry building - output too big?
« on: August 08, 2011, 01:56:02 PM »
Heya,

I tried setting the last two reconstructions I've done to not decimate the point cloud (0 setting).  This should be producing around 21,000,000 points for my DEM. Each time I've had an unidentified crash at the end and I've not been there to see what happened. My guess is that 21,000,000 is too much for the computer (16gb ram) and that's caused the crash as it worked fine on 10,000,000? Is that a sensible guess?

Cheers,

Alex

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Crash at end of geometry building - output too big?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 02:11:16 PM »
Hello Alex,

Thank you for reporting.
There might be problems with OpenGL trying to visualize mesh with its millions of faces.
There are several ways to overcome that:
You can try pre-release version 0.8.3. bulid 1132 http://www.agisoft.ru/forum/index.php?topic=195.0, there are some fixes concerning visualization.
Another way is to create empty chunk and select it active, then start building geometry in main chunk by right-clicking on it in the Workspace window. It will prevent PhotoScan from drawing the picture in the model view when the process is finished, so you will be able to save your project.
Another hint is to switch visualisation view from "Solid" to "Shaded" - there could be a visualisation problem in the previous version.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

AlexC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 02:31:52 PM »
Thanks Alexey they're all good ideas. I'll try them out and let you know if its successful.

Cheers,

Alex

Wishgranter

• View Profile
    • Museum of Historic Buildings
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 12:44:45 AM »
im was at testing of old church, with over 37 mil polygons on 24GB ram and NV560Ti worked like a 100k model.... flawles work... woow
Try it in 3Ds max, if you have a lot of coffe on table...

----------------
www.mhb.sk