Forum

Author Topic: Weird Issue with 16-bit Tiff images and texturing  (Read 4987 times)

florian

• View Profile
Weird Issue with 16-bit Tiff images and texturing
« on: March 05, 2014, 10:52:34 AM »
System:
Windows 7 Prof. 64 bit
Nikon View NX 2.7.5 64 Bit
Photoscan 1.0.2 1824 64 bit

For some tests I imported 16-bif tiff files exported from raw .nef files using View NX into Photoscan and alignment as well as dense cloud generation and mesh generation workled flawlessly.

After trying to texture my model (mapping mode: generic , blending mode: average, texture size: 8192x1  with color correction my model turned black (see schreenshot).

I can upload a tiff files somewhere to download it as they tend to be quite large.
(Interesting enough this does not happen if I use just three or four tif images)

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Weird Issue with 16-bit Tiff images and texturing
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 12:01:09 PM »
Hello florian,

Please try to reconstruct mesh with Interpolation enabled. As according to the screenshot there seem to be a lot of small geometry pieces that may cause to scatter the texture atlas into tiny pieces.

In case the recommendation doesn't still help, please send some sample images along with the project file (you can remove dense cloud and decimate the mesh to lower values to reduce the project file size) to support@agisoft.ru for our internal tests.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

florian

• View Profile
Re: Weird Issue with 16-bit Tiff images and texturing
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 09:01:43 PM »
Hi Alexey

Actually that worked  8)

I now did some tests with a smaller model (a bust actually) without much details and the same happened, no matter if I use a texture size of 8192 or 16384 if I don't enable interpolation during mesh generation.

Btw: This does NOT happen when I do the same with jpeg images (but the quality is considerably worse as it seems.)

All the "missing" parts now look as covered with foam (interpolated obv.),so my only chance is to get more pictures to reduce the interpolated areas or will this work with interpolation disabled as well some time ?

Greets
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 12:40:48 AM by florian »