Forum

Author Topic: Working with UltraCam multispectral imagery  (Read 4616 times)

stpu

• View Profile
Working with UltraCam multispectral imagery
« on: March 12, 2014, 11:56:09 AM »
Hello,

I am working with UltraCam multispectral imagery and I am trying to extract dense pointclouds with color information associated to each point. More specifically I need to export a point cloud with the following values: x,y,z, RED, GREEN, BLUE, NIR.

I have been trying by using .tif images with the four bands and when I export the .las file I check the color information box. Finally I get the pointcloud with x,y,z and for the RGB values I get the same value that corresponds to the value of only one band (master band used for matching).

Does anyone know if it is possible to do that in Photoscan? It would be really useful to have an export of the colored pointcloud.

Thank you very much.

Stefano

FLuca

• View Profile
    • Another-me
Re: Working with UltraCam multispectral imagery
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 03:26:08 PM »
Stefano,
You can easily export the pointcloud with the PLY export format.
Uncheck the binary option and you will have an ASCII file with the following data for each point:
x y z nx ny nz r g b

If you want to import the point cloud to a generic application as an ASCII file, just remove the PLY header.

I would recommend to use Textpad, which is well adapted for editing large ASCII files.

Fred Lucazeau - Body Scan - www.another-me.fr
Sketchfab gallery: https://sketchfab.com/fredlucazeau

stpu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 11:31:44 AM »
Hi FLuca,

the problem is that Photoscan still chooses one Master band for alignment and finally the RGB values exported are still referred to that single Master band. Also I work with four bands and it seems that it is possible to extract the values only of three bands (RGB).

Have you been working with four bands imagery?

Thank you,

Stefano

FLuca

• View Profile
    • Another-me
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 04:01:40 PM »
Hi Stephano,

Sorry I didn't read well your first post and took the NIR for the normals of the points.
I don't work with multi-band images so I don't know/test if you can export extra value.
For sure the PLY format can handle it, but it only depends on Agisoft to allow exporting all channels.

I hope you find a solution soon

Fred
Fred Lucazeau - Body Scan - www.another-me.fr
Sketchfab gallery: https://sketchfab.com/fredlucazeau