Forum

Author Topic: Build mesh  (Read 6342 times)

anabento

• View Profile
Build mesh
« on: March 27, 2014, 02:22:23 PM »
Hello!

I am new in Agisoft and I am following some tutorials where appears
Build mesh option from Workflow menu. I don't find that, I just have the build geometry and the
build texture. Could anyone help me?
Thanks in advance!

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Build mesh
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 02:24:09 PM »
Hello anabento,

Seems like you are on the old version of PhotoScan like 0.9, please update to the actual release version 1.0.3.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

anabento

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 08:24:56 PM »
Thanks!
I am updating my Agisoft version.

Meanwhile I was trying to create a 3D model, but I think the PhotoScan model is not suitable for a more
quantitative analysis. Maybe I have to export my data or model for another software...I heard about Blender, I've installed but I don?t understand how to use it for what I want ... to refine my 3D model and to extract a file with the coordinates of each axis (x,y and z).

My ultimate aim is to import then that data into a software like matlab to correct some values and process some calculations...

Could you help me?

Thanks a lot!

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 02:20:09 PM »
Hello anabento,

Maybe you can specify your task in some additional details, since it is not very clear what you are going to measure or calculate based on the model produced by PhotoScan.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

anabento

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 03:08:05 PM »
Hello!

My aim is to obtain the bathimetry of the surrounded area of a complex pier.
I have already explored the PhotoScan for obtaining the better 3D reconstruction possible since my
photographs are not as good as they should be. However, I would like to arrange a manner of quantify the depth and the enlargement of the scour hole, and it seems that PhotoScan just give me a qualitative image. And also, to refine my model, there are some holes where the program was not able to define correctly the mesh.

So, I am not sure about which other software could do that...Blender, meshlab (I never worked with any of them).

I would like to plot the coordinates in a matlab environment, where I can have an idea of the depth (in z coordinates), the streamwise and cross-streamwise component of the scour (x and y axis, respectively).

Is this clear?
Thank you very much!

stihl

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 03:55:33 PM »
Hello anabento,

Your project sounds similar to what I do. (I'm on the latest Photoscan build) After I've generated a mesh from the dense cloud I export the model to an ARC ASCII grid format and then import it on another software package called GlobalMapper. Superb program, imports/exports any file and it's really fast. It's an extensive GIS program that can do all sorts of calculations, more specific things than what you can do with Photoscan. Of course the great software of Photoscan is needed to get a model in the first place.

As for the holes in the model, try building the mesh with interpolation enabled. Else you can interpolate the holes in GlobalMapper as well.

Is your photograph overlap at least 60%?

anabento

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2014, 04:27:01 PM »
Hello stihl!

Thanks for your reply. I feel absolutely lost in this moment!

Well, know I am just testing the procedure to follow when I have the real laboratory images. I am doing this steps with photos from past experiences but where the photos were not taken with the photogrammetry purpose.

I can send you my photos, to have an idea about what I am talking about. Could you give your email
for further discussionns? It would be great if I could speak with someone with a similar project.

Regarding the softwares you referred, I will try to install. Did they allow a quantitative analysis, this is, the quantification of the depth, enlargement of the scour hole, or I have always to export for another software to have that?

Thank you very much!

stihl

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2014, 04:37:38 PM »
PM sent.